OS X native marathon?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rdhatfield3, Feb 13, 2005.

1. rdhatfield3 macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is a patch for the original marathon to play natively in OS X. I know there are some things in the works for marathon but im not sure i completely understand what they are and how they will work. any help?

2. DaiKirai macrumors member

3. rdhatfield3 thread starter macrumors member

i have the original disk do i need source still?

How could i forget. I used to have so much pride bragging about this game to my PC friends when i was a kid. I still claim it as a reason to own a mac for gaming. I might be delusional. vidmaster for life.

4. DaiKirai macrumors member

You don't need any files off your original disk, if that's what you mean; M1A1 is a recreation of the game for the updated engine. But it's almost completely identical, except for looking a lot better. :D

5. rdhatfield3 thread starter macrumors member

downloading as i type. Thanks for your help. Anything under the "Download other goodies" worth looking at?

6. DaiKirai macrumors member

The "Hi-res enhancement textures" will make things prettier if you have the bandwidth for them. I don't think the set linked there will work for M1A1 though.

Instead, visit http://orbitalarm.bungie.org/downloads/textures.html and get "M1A1 Texture Enhancement 5.2"