Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2006
Honestly, why does OS X have to have so many REALLY ANNOYING problems?! Between rainbow spinners when opening tabs in Firefox and my network stalling when I open too many streams (or sometimes when there's about TWO running in Firefox -- especially on MySpace)... I'm thinking of switching back to Windows. The MBP is fantastic and I love the look and feel of OS X, but this is just.... grrr.

Anyone got a solution for the network stalls? I know the rainbow spinners can't be helped :/

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, part of what you're seeing is a Firefox issue.
Part of what you're seeing is a myspace & mac issue.
Part of what you're seeing might be your bandwidth.

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2006
yellow said:
Well, part of what you're seeing is a Firefox issue.
Part of what you're seeing is a myspace & mac issue.
Part of what you're seeing might be your bandwidth.

1. Happens in Safari as well.
2. The Mac isn't the problem. The Mac OS is.
3. Using Windows doesn't increase your bandwidth.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Welp, I have the same laptop.
I don't have beachballs between tabs in Safari or in Firefox, unless I have 15+ tabs I'm trying to open all at the same time. Nor do I have problems with mounted network shares unless I sleep the machine without unmounting them, which is a problem with the Finder, not OS X. The Finder has needed updating for a very long time. I also have no interest in myspace.

vv-tim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2006
Strangely enough, Windows is also yielding superior WiFi performance for me (in terms of range/connectivity).

From the same exact spot on the table, Mac OS X will connect and give me 1 bar, but not give me access to the internet.

Windows gives me a Very Low connection but gives me access to the internet fairly well...

That combined with the 1920x1200 support in Windows... :( It's making it tough for me to find OS X as nice as I thought it to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.