OS X Network Stalls...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by vv-tim, Aug 4, 2006.

1. vv-tim macrumors 6502

Honestly, why does OS X have to have so many REALLY ANNOYING problems?! Between rainbow spinners when opening tabs in Firefox and my network stalling when I open too many streams (or sometimes when there's about TWO running in Firefox -- especially on MySpace)... I'm thinking of switching back to Windows. The MBP is fantastic and I love the look and feel of OS X, but this is just.... grrr.

Anyone got a solution for the network stalls? I know the rainbow spinners can't be helped :/

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Well, part of what you're seeing is a Firefox issue.
    Part of what you're seeing is a myspace & mac issue.
    Part of what you're seeing might be your bandwidth.

3. vv-tim thread starter macrumors 6502

1. Happens in Safari as well.
    2. The Mac isn't the problem. The Mac OS is.
    3. Using Windows doesn't increase your bandwidth.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Welp, I have the same laptop.
    I don't have beachballs between tabs in Safari or in Firefox, unless I have 15+ tabs I'm trying to open all at the same time. Nor do I have problems with mounted network shares unless I sleep the machine without unmounting them, which is a problem with the Finder, not OS X. The Finder has needed updating for a very long time. I also have no interest in myspace.

5. vv-tim thread starter macrumors 6502

Strangely enough, Windows is also yielding superior WiFi performance for me (in terms of range/connectivity).

From the same exact spot on the table, Mac OS X will connect and give me 1 bar, but not give me access to the internet.

Windows gives me a Very Low connection but gives me access to the internet fairly well...

That combined with the 1920x1200 support in Windows... :( It's making it tough for me to find OS X as nice as I thought it to be.