[OS X] No more new System Preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by McFreggle, Aug 2, 2002.

1. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Hiya guys,

I have the following problem:

Last week i reinstalled OS X on my iBook. Now, I'm running OS X 10.1.5 again. I installed some programs, it all went well. I installed ASM and the ASM system prefpane is present at the System Preferences.

But now, no more new system prefpanes appear. So, I keep all my prefpanes, including the extra one from ASM, but no matter what application I install extra (Remote Desktop, DAVE, ...): the PrefPanes don't appear in the System Preferences anymore. I checked the PrefPanes directories and they are there. Also, when another user logs in, they are present! So it's somewhere a user specific setting.

I hope I make myself clear somehow. Anyone who knows how to get my new PrefPanes present in the System Prefs?

Thanx a lot,
    k.

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Have you tried uninstalling/removing ASM and then trying to install the others to see if the PrefPanes show up? Maybe it's an incompatibility between ASM and the System?

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I had this happen when I was installing 10.1 to a secondary drive. I never found a way to solve it. Sometimes, System Preferences would be okay, sometimes not. Sometimes Finder wouldn't work. All is solved with Jaguar though. :)

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

5. McFreggle thread starter macrumors 6502

McFreggle

The ASM-website says it all...

k.

(Maybe something for MacApps.com ??)