OS X On Newer Technologies G3 Card

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Macmaniac, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I just picked up an old Power Mac 8600, it has Newer Technologies 300 mhz G3 card installed in it, does anyone know where I can find processor drivers for OS X? I know you can install OS X on old Power Macs with XPostFacto and an accelerator card. I may not need drivers for the card, but is there a place where I can update its most recent driver? Has anyone attempted this on a Newer Card? I don't want to muck up a working system so your advice is appreciated.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why don't you go to the XPostFacto web site? They will tell you everything that you need to know.

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

great tower. 6 pci slots. i'm sure xpostfacto will do all you need. newer was the best upgrade company next to sonnet. after newer went under sonnet nabbed a few of their best employees :)

4. Macmaniac thread starter macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I looked at XPostFacto's web page, although they don't have any direct information on how the upgrade will effect the Newer Card. I know Sonnet has drivers for their cards so they work in OS X, I'm just not sure what will happen if I try to install OS X without the neccessary software for my Accelerator Card.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Clearly you have not availed yourself of the resources on the XPostFacto website. There is ample information there to take care of whatever issues you have--if only you would take advantage of it.