OS X Reinstallation! New User Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TechZone, Jan 1, 2005.

1. TechZone macrumors member

TechZone

Hi, I want to reinstall Panther. I forgot my admin password & don't want to use some of the applications. I just want to install Panther without some of the applications that comes with the ox. Is there any way I can chose which application I want to have during the OS installtion? I will install Panther for the first time. Is it hard to install? Do you know any installation guide I can follow?
    How can I get best performances out of Panther? I will use my ibook for school & some photoshop work. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year. :)

2. kronos2611 macrumors member

It's been a while since I've done an install, but the install process is very simple and easy to follow. When you are installing watch out for Customize buttons as these will give you the option of trashing the entire hard disk before install, moving the old Mac OS X out of the way or upgrading if applicable. There's also options to install specific apps as you want, I'd recommend un-checking the optional languages and any print drivers you don't need as these tend to eat quite a lot of disk space.

If on the other hand you just want to reset the admin password I'm pretty sure that can be done from the install CD - though can't remember off the top of my head how that's done - anyone else?

3. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

When you boot up from the installation CD you click on Installer then go to Reset Password - there you go.