Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MvR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Every few weeks, the wiki server appears to lose the permissions set up under settings for each particular wiki, for all users except admin. This translates into all private wikis being invisible to the users.

The following operation appears to fix it, but the problem then eventually re-appears.
  1. log into /groups as admin
  2. select wiki
  3. go to settings
  4. make wiki public, and save
  5. make wiki private, and save
  6. restart webserver from server admin app.
I took a look at the config files. When the problem appears, none of the files are corrupt, and all permissions appear to be correct.
Note that when executing steps 1-5, some of the wikis re-appear, and some don't until the webserver is restarted.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

L0CKnL0aD7

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
If you're a bit comfortable with Terminal try using chmod it might fix your issue. If you don't, just google for chmod.

What I would try:
1. login as root in the terminal
2. cd to the wiki directory
3. type: chmod -R 777 ./

explenation:

-R = will do this to all the subdirectories & files
777 = permissions (everyone can read & write) you might want to change this.

Hope this helps...

mdct

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Wiki server permissions lost

I have had the same problem. We have over 60 wikis and fixing this problem is really time consuming. Using the terminal does us no good because we have a bunch of different users and groups. I really hope Apple comes up with a fix for this soon. If anyone else has come up with a faster way t fix this I am all ears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.