OS X Side By Side OS 9

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macmadant, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Hi, i've got software and a peripheral that i still use with OS 9 However it is getting rather tedious booting into OS9, and it won't work in classic so is there any way to use OS 9 side by side With OS X, like windows on the intel macs, or is there an OS 9 emulator that loads the entire system On OS X
    Please help

2. remowilliams macrumors member

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

As a rule of thumb, emulators can't do what you want. There are, however, exceptions. Please state the peripheral that you want to use in MacOS X. We may be able to help you.

4. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

A proTv Card made by formac, to use i have to boot into OS9 as classic won't support it

5. remowilliams macrumors member

You're probably out of luck with that as far as emulators such as Sheepshaver.

Emulation in general does not support hardware native to the host. So your "virtual Mac" will likely never see that card.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have you tried this opensource driver?

7. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi, i've tried this before and it never worked, it gave some system error, and i tried it again and it still doesn't work, as for mac-on-mac that project is dead and doesn't work on 10.4 apparently He didn't see the need of it Because of the intel switch, so every powerpc user just abandoned their system?
    Thanks for your help, anymore assistence would be appreciated:)

8. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a