OS X Tiger Error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rohopish, Sep 18, 2006.

1. rohopish macrumors member

I just noticed something odd...

I was bored, so I Spotlighted the keyword "dog" and it came up with a picture called Dog. When I opened the picture, preview opened the file. I then decided to minimize it; but when it went into the dock, a black pixelation (if you will) surrounded it's minimized icon. I thought this might be an Intel thing until I tried it out on my Mac Mini (1.42 GHz G4) and the SAME thing happended! :O Is this some obvious glitch that Apple overlooked? I love Apple, but this is wierd and the first (knock on wood) visual fault I've seen in Tiger.

On my Intel MacBook:

[​IMG]

On my Mac Mini:

[​IMG]

Any thoughts?

2. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

Hmm not getting that with any filetype. Would look like it was a corrupted file... Can't be a driver problem can it... or its just not showing the thumbnail...

[​IMG]

3. rohopish thread starter macrumors member

Try doing it with "Dog.tif"; just click Spotlight and type in Dog and it'll come up. Click the one with the Dog's face ("Dog.tif") and after Preview opens it, minimize the pic's window and see if you get the same thing.

4. imacintel macrumors 68000

5. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Works fine here on my MacBook.

Attached Files:

6. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

Tried logging into another user profile to see if the same problem happens? Wondering if there is a problem with the com.apple.dock.plist

7. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

8. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Why is your minimized preview window a TIF icon, rather than a tiny version of the window which you minimized.