OS X Tiger on iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macrlz9, Sep 21, 2005.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Ok, my question is this. I have a 266mhz blueberry iMac that i want to install tiger on. It only has usb 1 (i know tiger isn't supported but i have xpostfato) anyway. How to I Install it? (i have a retail copy and the copy that came with my mac mini so i'm covered legally) I have a firewire/usb2 dvd burner and i can use filesharing. My Tiger is on a DVD. I don't want to send it in to get cd's i'd rather keep what i have. How do i do this? I was trying to use Pacifist but i'm not sure how to do this. I know i can't boot from the external dvd drive from the usb in the iMac because usb booting doesn't work. Any imput would be appreciated.

2. yenko macrumors 6502a

Apple sez: :eek:

Mac OS X Version 10.4 requires a Macintosh with:

PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
    Built-in FireWire
    At least 256MB of physical RAM
    A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
    At least 3.0 GB of available space on your hard drive; 4GB of disk space if you install XCode 2 developer tools
    DVD drive for installation (get CD media for $9.95)

I would suggest that you follow the directions from X-Postfacto! :)

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

the built in firewire part i said i'd take care of and the apple supplied video card? it's an iMac. Of course it's Apple supplied :p My question is how to get tiger on an iMac with a CD-ROM drive and USB 1

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

5. yenko macrumors 6502a

Did you read the installation instructions from X-Postfacto? :D

.....or check the thread from Mackey-Mac. :)

6. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

you might just have to buy a dvd drive and install it you can find them for a reasonable price. you dont have to install any thing well sorda yea but xpostfacto will do it but open the folder and double click on xpostfacto and the main screen will pop up just look around till you read on how to properly set it up also once if you buy a dvd rom drive you can install tiger threw the xpostfacto4 screen once you put the installer in the drive. but yea you have to download xpostfacto4 from here and download xpostfacto4 cause it supports tiger.what he was talking about was the firewire being standard with the mac on the logicboard like your usb is