OS X windows can finally go full screen!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by motulist, Jul 2, 2006.

1. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Mac OS X windows can be maximized to almost full screen, but this program lets you make any window go true edge to edge full screen! It's called megazoomer and you just hit command-enter to make windows go full screen. I've always wanted this ability in OS X, now I have it!

Let people know about this awesomeness, Digg the story.

http://digg.com/apple/OS_X_windows_can_finally_go_full_screen!!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Um, one of my favourite things about OSX is that the windows don't fill the screen when you open them - they fill as much of the screen as they need to. It's way easier to drag stuff between windows when you can see them all at the same time. Having a window expand to the whole screen makes me less productive.

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

There is some feedback pointing out conflicts that seem to exist with other apps or utilities. Hardly an uncommon consequence, but worthy of consideration before installing.

www.macupdate.com/reviews.php?id=21275

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As somebody said in another thread, instead of trying to make windows bigger, you should try to cure your fear of the desktop :cool:

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Thats also one of my favourite things about mac's I hate using anything in full screen!! No digg:D

ShadoW

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

7. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

I have no fear of the desktop, but there are many situations where you either

1) Need every available pixel
    2) Need to focus on 1 thing distraction free

The main reason I really want the full screen ability is for when I'm writing a long and involved text document and I need to focus. There is no question that seeing anything besides what I'm working on can sometimes be a huge distraction and a real hinderance to my productivity. Other times I multitask wildly, but this is a sorely needed ability for many people.

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

3) Puyo Puyo

9. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

What's Puyo Puyo?

10. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

How do you open a .bundle file? Filext.com says it's an iMovie 3 plugin.. :confused: And the folder icon led me to try to rename it, but I can't because it's on a disk image.

11. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

Gloss was either having some sort of stroke, or referring to this. :)

Based on the concerns noted by users (thanks DeepDale), I won't be trying this app. However, as much as I prefer the mac gui, window sizing (e.g., maximizing, resizing from only bottom right corner) remains one of my biggest gripes.

12. elbirth macrumors 65816

I completely agree. Coming from Windows, I used to hate the idea that I couldn't foolishly fill my screen with one window and have tons of wasted screen space. I finally made myself stop dragging that bottom right corner in every window and found I like having windows the size the *need* to be much better.

But rather than intalling another application, why not give this script a try that I mentioned in another thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2566592&postcount=18

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

*Cough* WriteRoom *Cough*

:)