OS X - Wireless internet connection via livebox

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lofi72, Nov 10, 2006.

1. lofi72 macrumors newbie

Good afternoon,

Firstly my apologies if this has been dealt with...

I have a standard Windows PC currently using Orange broadband, accessed wirelessly via the Livebox.

In addition to this I now have a G4 Powerbook with Airport built-in & want to connect wireless using the Livebox. I've read a recent thread explaining how to set this up, although my thoughts were that it was for use with a single Mac & not the same problem as i'm facing.

Can anyone help at all, as i'm an Apple newbie... :eek:
    Thanks
    Dave

2. davescfc macrumors newbie

My friend is having the same problem. When you connect, make sure you press button 1 on the Livebox (pairing mode). The username and password for the Livebox are admin and admin. Does that work?
    If tou need the WEP key, it's on the side of the Livebox. That's as far as I have got.

3. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I was at a friends house the other day and had this exact problem.

Wanadoo/Orange say the router does not support OSX. I tried using the password 'admin' to no avail.

If anyone could give me some tips on how to make this work with a MacBook, I'd be more than happy :)

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I was thinking about using Orange when I moved flat a couple of months ago. The all-in package was very attractive but I couldn't get mobile coverage, so I settled on demon.

The upshot is that I did some research and found this site.

I can't vouch for the info, though.

5. geoffjanes macrumors newbie

My Guide to connecting using an Macbook Pro

Hi everyone

This only took me an hour to fix and all the problems come down to the fact that people get confused on one step.

In this case, make sure your livebox is connected via ethernet to your Mac.

1. Go into Firefox and type configuration.adsl and hit enter
    2. Click the link, it should prompt for a password. Default is:

Username: Admin
    Password: Admin

Once your in

3. Click Security, Wireless Connections and make sure you can see the WEP key and the "Enable Wireless Lan" Then HIGHLIGHT the wep key and copy it

Once you have done this (or if this is already done move to 4) wait for the livebox to reset.

Now

4. Go to Configuration, Advanced, Wireless and make sure the box WPA OR WEP is ticked. What ever you read- this must be checked for this to work!!!!

4.1 Your Livebox may reset

5. Click on your airport icon and click other. Type in the name of your livebox (which can be found if you go to the page configuration.adsl), Then change password type to WPA PERSONAL

6. Copy the key (using command c) and it connects!!!

IT CONNECTS

Please email me if this works for you- just so that i can call this definitive for intel macs!

Geoff

:)

6. CaribbeanOS-X macrumors newbie

Further issues... Mac-AirPort-LiveBox-Wireless

"geoffjanes" You wrote:

I am in France and using the LIVEBOX with my MacBook. Your steps are all relevant but i keep receiving the same msg...

I can see the LIVEBOX... it is "ON" and the AirPort does recognize it... my issue is getting permissions or access to it.

The Message:
    "THE SELECTED NETWORK USES AND ACCESS CONTROL LIST TO RESTRICT ACCESS AND THIS COMPUTER IS NOT ON THE LIST... SEE THE ADMINISTRATOR FOR ACCESS."

Under the "wireless" TAB the settings are as follows:

SSID: livebox***
    Channel:10
    Mode:802.11 b+g
    Security:WEP (i don't have the option for both WEP and WPA, one or the other)

MAC address is correct and ACTIVE

Following this... under the "ADVANCED SETTINGS" there are "access controls" this i have tried to add the computers name as a USER. (THIS HAS NOT WORKED YET)

Any other advise???

Regards,

CaribbeanOS-X

7. G4DP macrumors 65816

This might help

If you go to orangeproblems.co.uk, you'll find all the help you need. But Make sure you have firefox.

8. CaribbeanOS-X macrumors newbie

Follow up...

Thanks G4DP,

Good site...

Regards,

CaribbeanOS-X

9. samtrees macrumors newbie

Missing Link!

Hello,

I've been scouring the internet for the answer to a similar problem for ages,
    and on none of the english sites was I able to find the exact solution.

I found it finally on a french site, so I wanted to share it in case other people have the same problem.

The main difference I found is that no-body mentions the anonymous looking association/registration button on the english sites
    - this needs to be pressed in order for the livebox to recognize your computer
    aswell as all the other bits of solutions you'll find scattered around -
    such as changing wireless security inside livebox to wep key only
    and plugging in with an ethernet cable initially for it to configure itself

10. ptjh macrumors regular

Nice THANKS :)

11. Max S Fox macrumors newbie

Geoff's method works

Hi Geoff,

Your method worked for me.

I've got a macbook running osx version 10.5.6 with a livebox.

Thanks!

Max

12. vhollander macrumors newbie

How to connect Livebox to Mac OSX - Airport

You have to submit the WEP key (26 characters, no spaces added), putting a $ in front of it, so something like: $e607 axu7 and so on.
    Then press the REG button and keep it down, then hit ENTER to ENTER...