OS X won't restore movies folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Furrybeagle, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Furrybeagle macrumors 6502

Furrybeagle

I deleted the Movies folder from my Home folder and OS X won't restore it. I'm not worried about the contents of it (they're backed up), I just want the folder back. I know I can create a new folder, but that's just a plain folder, and doesn't have the icon and other stuff that the real movies folder has. Any way to get the proper folder back?

I'd prefer not to make another account and copy the stuff over because everytime I do it I have file permission problems (unless someone knows an easier way to do it, cause im a newbie :eek: ).

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I read a thread on this this week and restarting the computer fixed the problem. Only it was the documents icon. Worth a shot.

3. Furrybeagle thread starter macrumors 6502

Furrybeagle

Oh wow. I feel stupid now. In the Windows world folders like My Movies and stuff were "special" folders. I immediately assumed the same, and that OS X had to regenerate the folder itself to make it "special". Thanks! :)

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Did you reboot? Did it work? I haven't accidently removed a folder myself, but I fear I may one day and knowing for sure there is a way to get it back would be calming :)