OS X x86 leak will happen Thursday or Friday..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by acedickson, Jul 6, 2005.

1. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I did a quick search but didn't find any news on this. It's somewhat of an update to the original news of OS X for x86 being leaked.

OS X leak

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

How reliable is this?

I hope the sucker gets caught and sued to the hilt by good ol' Steve.

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

not at all...why would a developer risk jail to leak os x the x86 verison which only runs on a developers' edition macs that apple is selling for $999 a pop to their ADC members.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think Apple will be glad to help them out and supply a lawyers personal request, followed quickly by a DMCA court order the second the leak hits.

As long as the leak isn't after close of business Thursday or Friday, I'm quite sure they could have somebody delivering a faxed copy of the court order directly to his door just hours after the pirate copy shows up somewhere.

5. AdamR01 macrumors 6502

They don't really have a source its just info from IRC. They really dont know who the person is. I bet whoever does release it will cover their ass pretty good anyways.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

when it dose get leaked it'll ultimately be better for us as pooer developers (shareware) will be able to test there wares and not be behind the curve when the intel macs are out.

7. acedickson thread starter macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I found it on Digg.com so it's made a little noise to get on there. Reliability...who knows?

We'll see if it comes to fruition!

8. kant macrumors 6502

"About This Blog
    A computer geek going through high school."

That kid stands a real decent chance at getting a very painful lesson: he's just provided cover and a false lead to anyone who is thinking about leaking it.

Never, every threaten to do something. 'Cause when somebody else does it and doesn't get caught doing it, you're the prime suspect.