OS9 2003 Booting and Legasy Apps

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by BicyclePunk, Dec 19, 2002.

1. BicyclePunk macrumors regular

See...the thing is that I have PhotoShop 5 and upgrades all the way through 7. So when I get a new machine...hopefully next year, I'm not going to be able to install my old versions of PhotoShop and upgrade them? I have to buy a whole new full version of PhotoShop? Say it ain't so.....

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Actually, you can use your current updates, assuming you have another computer, a spare Hard Drive, or a CD-RW.

Here's what you do.

(1) On your current computer, install Photoshop 5, then upgrade to Photoshop 7.

(2) Locate all the Photoshop files (help menus, any customs, the Photoshop 7 folder) and save them to another computer, a spare Hard Drive, or a CD-RW.

If you use a CD-RW, after you copy all the Photoshop files to a spare disk, save the disk, and don't lose it. When you get your new computer, upload the files on the disk to the same place on your Hard Drive as the files following step (1).

If you use another Hard Drive, simply transfer the files over, and don't earse the drive. When transferring the files back to your new computer, place them in the same place as the files following step (1).

The same goes for computer to computer, except you will need Firewire Target Disk mode.
    Documentation

3. BicyclePunk thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, man. That's excellent. Thanks! Now more reasons to justify a new machine!

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Actually, You can still install and run PS through Classic, just not natively. It would be no problem to install PS and all the upgrades on your new machine.

BTW, I believe with PS7 you can just install it and it will ask for proof of ownership (i.e. PS CD)

~TEG::