OS9 Logic Audio ASIO driver problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ryman, Oct 12, 2004.

1. ryman macrumors newbie

hi, i'm new to these boards so i apologize if i'm posting on the wrong board. here's my problem: i'm trying to install logic audio in mac os 9 on my g4. everything seems to be set up properly except i can't get logic to "hear" my tascam us-122. each time i launch logic i get a popup that says "no ASIO device selected." i'm not good at these driver config issues so please help me get logic to select the proper asio driver.
    also fyi: i had previously been working in the version of cubase that came with my us-122. when i got logic i trashed cubase. so i don't know if there is a driver conflict from the driver for cubase still hanging around in my computer.

2. cpjakes macrumors 6502

You'll probably need to download this and place it in the ASIO drivers folder for Logic. Chances are that when you initially installed it for Cubase, it went in the Cubase ASIO drivers folder. Each application generally keeps its own drivers folder, so for as many applications as you have, you'll need the driver.

Good luck!
    cpjakes

3. ryman thread starter macrumors newbie

still having trouble

:confused: thanks for the tip. the driver update downloaded fine, but when i tried to launch it, i got a "preparing to install" pop-up and the "waiting" icon just spun and spun and spun (it never launched). any ideas?

4. cpjakes macrumors 6502

Not having an OS 9 machine I can't try out the installer. I would unplug it from the computer, restart and run the installer first thing. Then plug it in and restart. That's usually the safest method.