OSX 10.2.1/iPhoto/Epson 925 problem

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Squidly, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Squidly macrumors member

Squidly

I'm trying to print 4x6 prints from iPhoto on Epson's perforated glossy paper, but for some reason the photo always comes out left justified, and smaller than the printable area on the paper.
    (In other words, it's not aligning itself to the performations, and it's not close to 4x6 in size.)

I select Epson 925 (USB) for printer and 4x6 for my paper type, and also specifiy Glossy paper where appropriate.

I was able to print to an Epson 1270 with no problems under 10.2.1, but the 925 (a newer printer) just doesn't seem to "get it".

I can print 8x10 prints with no problem. I've also tried setting a custom paper size with margins, but that doesn't work either.

I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Epson (dated 10/10/2). No difference.

This seems to be a iMac/OS/Epson issue, because I've attempted to print photos to from other photo applications and the same problem occurs.

Does anyone out there have any ideas how to solve this one?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

tried to print custom print sizes from os x with an epson 1280 (i think that's the model #).... and didn't work

turns out epson drivers for os x don't support it yet......

so you were right, epson/osx problem

if you need em, can you use 9? or did you get rid of it already?

3. Squidly thread starter macrumors member

Squidly

I still have 9 loaded, but that's not much of a solution as I want to set this up so my wife (non-techy type) can print from iPhoto.

I guess I'm pretty shocked that Epson's OSX driver would be so broken as to not allow printing to their standard 4x6 form.
    (I say "standard" as their perforated 4x6 paper can be found literally everywhere.)

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i hear your pain

we got my dad the 1280 (great printer) for his birthday. along with some borderless 8x10, 4x6, and then some 13x19 and some panorama paper

needless to say, we were pissed when after a successful "normal" (bordered 8x10) print, we tried 4x6 (or maybe 5x7) whatever... and got rejected

but my brother indeed found on the epson web page that it os x drivers don't support custom page printing...

kind of a joke if you ask me.

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ps. as for the non techy part... i understand that too... we're trying to get my dad (non techy) to print his digital photos out... and if the custom paper doesn't work in os x when we spent all the time switching them from 9 to x... well. that sucks. call epson and get on them. (as though that will help...)

6. Squidly thread starter macrumors member

Squidly

I'm actually going to return the printer... I'm looking at a Canon S900 as the replacement.