OSX 10.3 - iApps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nik_Doof, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

[Note: i am a complete Mac n00b, been using once since the 15th of October so give me some leway :)]

I'm getting Panther in a few days and at the moment i've got a Panther beta installed on top of the original Jag install i had, theres a few inherent beta problems so i really do need to do a full flatten and re-install... but i've got a question.

I got my PB 12" 1ghz with a superdrive, i use iDVD alot for producing dvds of my dad's old video camera recordings. Does Panther have iDVD? or do i have to buy that iApps package?

The other option is to restore from my 10.2 dvd and upgrade to 10.3...

Help me Obi Mac Kenobi, your my only hope!

2. Nik_Doof thread starter macrumors regular

Search function....search function....search function.

I'll have to keep saying that to myself :) (found my answer)

3. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

do a clean install from the panther discs (format it), then pop your software restore disk in and you're away.

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

What? I don't think he was complaining about the bugs of the beta. He just wanted to stop people from suggesting the 'Upgrade' or 'Archive and Install' options by justifying a reason to format and install.

But yeah, use terminal and ls -a the software restore CD and you should be able to see an iDVD.dmg of sorts. there should be an OS9.dmg as well.

6. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

All you do is put your software restore disk in, click on software restore, and click the check box that says "iDVD". It's not that difficult to reinstall, you don't need to use Terminal or anything fancy besides running the iDVD installer.