OSX 10.4.2 Update this Weekend?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Little Endian, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Apr 9, 2003
    I ordered Tiger yesterday and today I got an email with shipment notification. What is interesting is that it says that I am getting 10.4.2, perhaps it's nothing but a typo but if not it would mean 10.4.2 update today or by this weeked.

I am expecting my copy of Tiger to arrive today or tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004

its vary rare that apple would email you about system updates... thats more of an end user deal... hrm....
  3. admanimal macrumors 68040

Apr 22, 2005
    I don't think they emailed him because of the update. The email was just a shipping confirmation.

Even if 10.4.2 does come out by the end of the week, it does seem odd that they would be able to get it on a disc and in a box so soon. I mean we know that as late as last week they were still releasing new builds do developers...So who knows.
  4. Little Endian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 9, 2003
    I agree as well. It seems very unlikely that 10.4.2 could be on Disk but My Shipment notification and order status at AppleStore website calls the package 10.4.2. I think it is most likely an error but who knows. I have gotten ADC Student Developer releases of Panther before the final minor update is posted.

The following products shipped on 06/07/2005.

Anyhow my shipment is also reffered to 10.4.2 in my shipment notification this is what it says in my email confirmation.

Product # Product Description Qty Ext Price
    __________ ________________________________________ ____ ________________

M9639Z/A OS X V10.4.2 "TIGER" RETAIL-INT 1 69.00
  5. daveL macrumors 68020

Jun 18, 2003
    Well they just seeded 8C29 to developers today. It may be the last seed, i.e. the 10.4.2 release, but it seems unlikely that you'd have it shipping with a system that went out 2 days ago.