Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulisthebest3uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2016
Hi, this has probably been asked before, and I apologise if it has,but does anyone know if it is indeed possible to get either ML or Mavericks working with an imac with onboard ATI x1600. I believe im having difficulty because the lack of a 64-bit driver.Has one been written yet? I managed to get the OS to install (imac core2duo, 5,1) using SFOTT, but cant for the life of me find a suitable kext anywhere.

joeyvyko

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
apparently, I'm in the same boat. Have 10.8 installed and have hack ml kexts just needs to figure out which ones to use. if you search hack ml on here or torrents you can find it. Ive tried installing using hack ml's guide but couldn't patch the installer. kept getting a directory does not exist. so i went sfott and am going to try installing kexts from hack ml manually

joeyvyko

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
apparently, I'm in the same boat. Have 10.8 installed and have hack ml kexts just needs to figure out which ones to use. if you search hack ml on here or torrents you can find it. Ive tried installing using hack ml's guide but couldn't patch the installer. kept getting a directory does not exist. so i went sfott and am going to try installing kexts from hack ml manually
no luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.