OSX 10.9 Upgrade with new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by WJKramer, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

If memory serves Apple will likely offer free upgrades to OSX Mavericks with recent computer purchases right? Was thinking they would be co-released but that obviously wasn't the case today.

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe they provide a free upgrade to new owners once a date of release is announced.

3. macrumors 68000

musio

I'm going to buy an iMac now and leave it in the box until Mavericks comes out as I want everything fresh

4. macrumors 68000

Outrigger

it would make more sense to buy the imac after maverick is release, as it would be preinstalled.

5. macrumors 6502a

it's like a 20 buck difference. Mavericks isn't coming out for at least a month. I rather have the newest hardware then both for both to be available. Apple isn't like Microsoft who for every small update wants 200 bucks.

That $20 bucks actually works on unlimited computers. My roommate got the newest OS. He put it on his,mine and my/his gfs macbook pros(4). Then when I was selling my dads iMac he was able to put it on that iMac as well.

:D

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

lol

----------

I just dropped 3250$ on my config. Another 20$ is gonna push me over the top! ;)

7. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

With Mountain Lion they gave it free going back six weeks from the release date of the OS. Assuming they do the same with Mavs, you should be in good shape.

8. macrumors 68000

musio

9. macrumors member

Your roommate might want to review his Apple License agreement for installation and use of Mt. Lion on computers that are not his and he is not using let alone reselling.