OSX acting very weird- HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Nov 7, 2004.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I'm running 10.3.5 and very werid things are happening.

After going to sleep by itself- most of the time when we wake it up we only get a black screen with a cursor- have to restart the computer.

I have a username that I don't use very often and I had filevault on and reset Safari one time before logging out which I have done before many times. The next time I logged into that username all my preferences had vanished including my add on mouse prefs, expose, etc. IN addition, all my documents, pics, etc were moved and there was a file with my username.sparseimage there that has a filevault icon on it. I double clicked that and it mounted that white icon/drive looking thing and I was able to find my files inside that folder to copy to the regular documents, pictures, etc. folders in that same username like I had them before.

2. macdaddy23 macrumors newbie

macdaddy23

Before someone says "Reinstall the OS X" I would read this post as it has many of the issues your talking about. ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=92435 ) As you will read there a quite a few things you can try. www.apple.com/support is a good place to start. Also check for firmware updates and also 10.3.6 is now out so I would right away install that.