OSX colour bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dagless, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Heres an interesting little bug I just found.

Bring up the info on any file.
    Move your cursor across the colour names.
    They all display the regular mouse cursor except if you highlight Green; you'll get the text cursor.

magic aye?

Try highlighting any other text under the 'general' section. nothing!
  2. ToastyX macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2005
    There's tons of little bugs like this all over the place.
  3. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    That's a weird little bug. I presume you've already reported it.

Hey, they've made it so that Get Info on multiple items actually works now too! I think under previous versions of Tiger it'd open multiple windows for each item, yeah?
  4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    Depends how many you select and how you choose Get Info. If you select up to 10 items, and press Cmd-I, a separate window will open for each item. If you select 11 or more and hit Cmd-I, only one window will open showing the total for all the items.

However, if you select any number of items and press Cmd-Alt-I (this is actually the inspector rather than Get Info), then you will only get one window showing a summary for those items.
  5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Kernow is right. I have to say that this behavior bugs me. I liked Panther's behavior MUCH better. Perhaps make the option-mode the one with multiple windows. I very rarely want multiple Get Info windows.
  6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2003
    Long Beach, California
    That's, interesting. I guess I had never selected less than 11 items.

I definitely agree with mduser63. It bugs me, a lot, that this is different in Tiger. I hope they change it in Leopard.
  7. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2004
    Add me to the list of folks initially miffed by Get Info's change in behavior. I do, however, like the inspector window's live updating, especially with its spotlight-powered size queries.