OSX Compatible applications

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by B.Lehman, Dec 6, 2004.

1. B.Lehman macrumors newbie

I'm certain that this would have been covered here, but a search of the forum just isn't locating it for me. Is there a general list somewhere that will tell me what versions of popular software packages are OSX compatible?

Forgive my newbie-ness, but I'm trying to figure out what if any software I already have (Macromedia Studio MX for example which has both Win and Mac installers) is going to work for me on my new powerbook.

Just ordered the powerbook today, I can hardly wait. The last time I was using Mac OS on a daily basis was in the System 8 days. After my trip to the applestore this weekend, I am ready to have my paycheck directly deposited to apple :)

-- Brad

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm sure there are better lists, but you can always just go to the Apple Store (see the 3rd party software there) or Apple's software list (see Apple software) or Apple's 3rd party list to get a pretty good idea.

3. B.Lehman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.. I did see that before I posted, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. The Made4Mac link on that page did help though. Looks like I'll be needing to upgrade some things.

-- Brad