OSX forgetting folder background color..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Thrash911, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2006
    Randers, DK
    Hey there,

I have tried to set a light-blue background color for one of my folders. When I set the color, it works fine. But when I then close that window, and navigate to it again, it is an ugly dark-purple like color. When looking at the round color palette used to set the color, the color point has then "jumped" out to the outer edge of the color wheel. Why the f*ck can't it remember the color?? :( :(

If I choose to do all this with ALL folders, then it stays on the color I want it to be. But if I then select "This window only", the color changes instantly to dark-purple, right before my eyes.. I also tried repairing file permissions, which did not help.

Is there a solution, or suggestions on how to solve this?

EDIT: Just now, I have experienced that it not always moves to the outer edge of the palette. But it does move around. It will NOT stay on the wanted color!
  2. earthling0 macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2006
    Glen William - Australia
    i prefer to use a window when working with my 'desktop' files and also like to change the background colour for easy recognition.

i contacted apple about this one - only seems to be a 10.4.8 problem. the problem was the same on a g5 and a macbook pro. this was the first time that apple australia had heard about it. the rep took a full report and their reply was 'you may not hear back from us, and you may see the problem miraculously disappear - it did??

does this mean apple has access to my computers??
  3. cafeviking macrumors newbie

Mar 1, 2008
    I have 10.4.11 and I have this problem. It's really irritating. Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this? When I first bought my computer in March of 2007 this was not a problem, but sometime last fall it began happening. My updates are current.

I'm on a 17" mbp, 2.3g