OSX Internet sharing firewall trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by baghef, Nov 11, 2002.

1. baghef macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I´ve got a problem using internet sharing via Airport. (OSX 10.2.1, DSL via Ethernet, Airport card connected via Airport to a XP notebook) If a there is a firewall running on the mac, I cannot connect the notebook to the internet. What service do I have to activate, what port to open? Thanx!

-Andreas

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

how do you have it hooked up?

You should have your dsl modem hooked up to your Air port... then your Mac and your Laptop behing your air port. Nothing going on, on your mac should effect your interet connection. Sounds like your sharing your connection via your mac... which means you have to have it on all the time for the XP machine to work right? Plus the firewall has to be set up right. Are you sure that is the config you want? does your Mac need to been seen by the outside world? Are you using NAT? Does the Airport have a DMZ and/or port forarding functions?

3. baghef thread starter macrumors newbie

I´m using the "Software Base Station" function of OSX. The dsl modem is connected to the Mac which has an AirPort card installed. What I need is the right set up for the OSX internal firewall. Sorry for my misrepresentation :rolleyes:
    If the OSX firewall is deactivated all works fine. The XP notebook connects to the Mac via wireless LAN card and I can get into the internet. But I don´t want the mac being connected to the internet over a longer period without a working firewall. Thanx.

-Andreas