Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricaV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
has anyone found a work around to use "logmein" with Lion ? The logmein folks are totally inaccessible for things like "help" !

I'm able to login but then I get a black screen when trying to view the remote PC.

Any help appreciated

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I use TeamViewer, which is free for personal use and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute. I prefer it over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently.

Musicsoul78

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
UK ESSEX
I use TeamViewer, which is free for personal use and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute. I prefer it over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently.

i use team viewer too and had no problem with 10.6 10.7 or 10.8

log me in uses default screen resolutions wich are probably causing the black screen issues.

Try change default resolution displays ??
are you accessing mac to mac, pc to mac, or mac to pc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.