OSX Mail and Entourage problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Jul 28, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

With the advent of Tiger, I switched my e-mail app to OSX-Tiger Mail from Entourage. I really like it. Cleaner interface, imho, however, lots of my e-mails never get to where they are intended?? My wife has a hotmail address and almost daily, some of the e-mails never get there, like not slow, like never!! Few other friends don't get them too, mostly business stuff. I looked at my setup and preferences, and can't see anything that would do this. So I've switched back to Entourage Mail and everything seems to be going through. It's been a week now. Entourage is great too, but I'd like to continue with OSX Mail as it does seem to have a much cleaner interface, etc. Any thoughts??

Thanks.
    Frank

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>How are you accessing your hotmail account?<,

My wife has the hotmail account and she accesses it on her ThinkPad. I'm using an xxx@mac.com address.

Frank

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant your wife wasn't receiving her hotmail in mail.app :eek:

I use mail.app for all my mail accounts (a mixture of POP/IMAP and hotmail) and they all work fine, both for sending and receiving. Are the messages showing up in the Sent folder and are just not being recieved? Very odd, especially as it's your .mac account, so everything should be configured automatically.