OSX mail location

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by wildcat4100, Aug 6, 2002.

1. wildcat4100 macrumors member

I'm the first time to use OSX as my startup system, I used to partition the drive for OS9 so if the system fail I can still have access to my documents, so I partition 2GB for my OSX partition and now I find out my email store under system mail has to save under the OSX partition as well....disk space is running out and copy mail file to other partition and put the alias back in won't work, can anyone know is that a way to move saved email to other partition???

Thanks for advance

2. Dr_Floyd macrumors member

you can back it up, however mail.app will only look for it in home/library/mail

3. wildcat4100 thread starter macrumors member

mail location...

So there's actually no way I can have the mail file save on other partition? Too bad.....:( :( :( :( :(

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

you can make a new partition for the users folder or just your home directory and mount it in its respective place instead of inside /Volumes/blah...so you can have your home partition mounted at /users/username and then it will save all the mail to the library in that partition as that is where your home is...that sorta soudns confusing but yeah...

5. wildcat4100 thread starter macrumors member

new partition for the user folder?

Can you tell me how to create a partition for the user folder? If I move my user folder to some place else the system can still find the folder??:confused: :confused: :confused: