OSX Not Detecting New USB Connect.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jasko, Mar 14, 2007.

1. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I wasn't quite sure how to word the title, so yeah. Anyway..... let me break this down:

Prior to the latest update to 10.4.9 I was able to plug my USB cord from my phone to my iMac and it would detect it and ask to import new photographs...

Now that I've updated, my Mac doesn't even read that it's plugged in.

On my phone it shows that USB is connected........ nothing on my iMac though.

I have a Sidekick III if that helps at all?

Is there something I need to tweak on my phone or on my OS for it to detect it? :confused:

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Try restarting, if you did that and nothing, try plugging the USB into different ports.

3. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

Did, and did. No avail. :(

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm not sure, if i think of anything i will post, last time this happened to me, it went away in a couple days, and the computer was able to detect the device. In the meantime, i would just unplug other USB spots and try that, and then read up on what apple has to say.

5. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

6. jasko thread starter macrumors 6502

jasko

7. visumickey macrumors newbie

USB Device access

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I recently bought a Macbook and a IO GEAR 80GB external hard drive. But my macbook does not detect the External Hard Drive. Any possible suggestions as to how to access the data from the external hard drive? :confused:

8. mattrussell1124 macrumors newbie

same thing. just not being detected. ibook g4, os x 10.4