osx on a pc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fatties, Sep 6, 2006.

1. fatties macrumors regular

I know this is probably morally wrong, but is there any way of putting osx on my old pc lappie whilse this lump of junk of a mb go to be cured of its random shutdown problems?

i don't think i can live with that stupid pc for this long and urm... i've lost the xp oem disks and the ms office disk and that computer has a persistant problem of not able to save things and hanging every 5 minutes...so if it is technically easy and possible i think it will be easier to do this...

my old pc is a sony vaio z1 1ghz/ 512mb and graphics card unknown (prob some sort of intergrated).

thanks.

(please don't kill me for this, i just can't face using the magnificently wonderful xp for the time my macbook (which i love when it behaves, but is really starting to test my temper) is in the shop.)

Or at least feel some love for the macbook which is going to be thrown out of the window as target practice at my neighbour's extremely environmentally unfriendly merc- utility which looks like it wanna be a hummer but failed.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Hello fatties.

This subject's been done to death on this forum over the last year or so. Rather than regurgitate it, it's probably best if you just go over the old threads.

Here's a good starting point. Best of luck :)

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Not possible I'm afraid, unless...

you know how to do really difficult computery stuff and are happy to break license agreements and laws.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

legally, you know you can't, technically, you can, but not with original installation Disk came with your MB, there has to be a bunch of crack to make installer bypass hardware check. I don;t know how to do it, google might help.

5. fatties thread starter macrumors regular

right... thats a no then.... after googling it it sounds incredibly difficult even if i cross the morals hurdle. i would do it if it was as simple as wiping the drive and sticking the osx installation disk in.

sigh. i hope the apple tech was not lying to me when he promised me '2 weeks max' turnaround. i still can't decide whether not being able to save and hanging or random shut downs are worse. i guess in the end they are the same eh.

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

You're blowing it out of proportion. If you want/need a MB and can afford it get it.

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

He has a macbook...

8. Queso macrumors G4

...just one that doesn't work.

And can damage cars apparently :)

9. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Ninja MacBook!