OSX Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Falleron, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Has anyone seen this sort of thing in OSX?? (See attached image). ??? for users.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It looks as though one of the applications is looking at your desktop picture and forgot its name. :D Can an application become flustered?

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i think bousozoku is on to something... :D

is this process always running? if you restart your computer, and only launch the process viewer, does this still show up? there are still lots of apps that dont list their names properly in the pv list, but this looks like somehthing else. my suggestion would be to try to quit the process. if that does not work, log in as root and see if it's still there. that really is quite puzzling. you could also check your login items, but i doubt there would be anything in there of which you werent aware.

4. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

The strange thing only appear sometimes. I was just wanting to make sure that it was not someone hacking into my computer! The ??? woried me in the users column.

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

she has very nice........lalala, I'm not sure, maybe the appe need to let off a little steam :D

6. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

I'm sure its nothing. Just wondered if other people had ever seen it.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Pixels...that's it...pixels. :D

8. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

if your computer is not acting up in any way, i would not worry about it. it does not seem to list whether or not the process is running, so it may just be some random bit of junk floating around, and i'm fairly sure that the only way someone could log in to your computer would be through a valid user name, and not anonymously. it could be some daemon of another process that was improperly labled by the programmer and that just does not shut off until you restart.

9. Choppaface macrumors 65816