OSX screwy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AliensAreFuzzy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Hey. I've been noticing on my new Mac Mini that after a while of safari browsing, when I go to do something else, OSX isn't doing things right. Like when I go to my dock, I have magnification on, but it doesn't do anything. Then when I go to a menu, I have to hold down the mouse to get it to highlight any of the menu things. It fixes with a restart, but I don't want to have to restart every day.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How much RAM do you have in there? If it's not at least 512MB I'd get some more, quickly!

Also try repairing permissions.

3. AliensAreFuzzy thread starter macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I already have 512MB RAM, and I've repaired permissions.
    It's been kinda wierd, it all the sudden worked again after a while of not working.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Are you seeing the spinning beach ball a lot? If so, you're maxing out your CPU -- which should not be easy to do with a mini and 512mb.

One of my favorite diagnostic tools is to launch the Activity Monitor application and set the Dock icon to CPU Usage. If a process is going nuts you'll see it immediately in the graphic.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

Maybe the HD was spun down and is spinning back up again, creating that delay.