OSX, speed, and other problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Max Miles, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Max Miles macrumors member

Max Miles

There's a new entry in the Mac Guides addressing OSX speed issues. The article goes through all the familiar suggestions like installing more RAM, performing maintenance, not filling up the hard drive, etc. This is great and all, but wouldn't it be good to have articles addressing the many reasons OSX can slow down? For instance, I'm STILL trying to troubleshoot why both my iBook and G5 have slowed down after 10.4.3, which I consider my worst upgrade ever.

Any thoughts?

max

2. metalgearmac macrumors member

3. Max Miles thread starter macrumors member

Max Miles

Yo~ the mac guides are a part of this site. Check "Guides" up at the top right part of the web page. Next to "shop" and "forums"

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i found that wiping the hd and installing 10.4 from scratch is the best way to reclaim speed....

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

6. Max Miles thread starter macrumors member

Max Miles

By the way, is anyone NOT having issues with 10.4.3? I need to do more of a forum search and elsewhere online to see what people are saying. But i'm bummed at how both systems at home, the iBook and G5 are getting taxed by something and any obvious diagnosis isn't turning up what the problem is.

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Most people only post thing when they have problems. I updated a couple of computers at home and none of them have had any problems. I updated 40 PowerMacs and work and none of them have had any problems. I think the majority of people have not have any problems.

8. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Can you be more specific.

The only slowness I experienced after 10.4.3 was at startup. It takes longer than before at the spinning gear.

But everything else is humming along nicely. If you provide details, we might be able to help.