OSX Starcraft and Bnet Need Help

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sheriff Haus, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Sheriff Haus macrumors newbie

I have a G5 with Mac OSX Panther and I have been playing StarCraft with a few buddies over the Lan. I want to try playing on battle.net. BUT! Everytime I go to connect I brings up the Connecting to Server.... Screen and then says Accessing Account but just sits there and does nothing. This happen to anyone else? Anyone else know of anyways to fix this? Help me please! :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet

2. Try re-instaling starcraft and trying over. The same problem you are describing happened to me, and upon re-installing, it worked fine. Good luck.

3. applekid macrumors 68020

If you're playing on a LAN, you don't need Battle.net... do you?

4. Sheriff Haus thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried re-installing and patched it all up and tried playing on Battle.net but it still didn't work.
    Does anybody else have any suggestions? Could it be a problem with my network settings? Is anybody else running Panther and able to play Starcraft on Battle.net?
    Thanks for the help so far.

5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Since this is a starcraft thread, I won't start a new one for my question... anyone know how to make starcraft always start in windowed mode? You can change to windowed mode after it goes full-screen, but that's kind of a pain.

6. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Just a suggestion but is this a school LAN, the only reason i ask is that sometimes schools block the ports for Battle.net Not sure if this is the case but it could be.

7. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

I don't have a solution, but that used to happen to me whenever I tried to log on to Battlenet Asia. Try switching to "east coast" or "west coast" etc. Perhaps another location will allow you connect. It did for me.

8. Sheriff Haus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the internet I get is through the school. My roommate on a PC seems to have no trouble connecting to it but perhaps it is different for Mac. I have tried all the different realms for B-net.

I'm not really sure about a way to always run in windowed mode. That would be nice tho becuase I like to talk on iChat sometimes while playing. Anyone have any solutions for this one?

9. Babboia macrumors newbie

i just installed broodwar on a powerbook and i cant manage to play over my lan..
    when i choose "UDP/IP" it says "Unable to initalize network provider"

how can i do ?

10. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

How long did you let it sit as it said "acessing account"? My friend's PC did that and after a while it finally got through, but had to download a software upgrade before proceeding. Perhaps yours will do the same if you just let it hang for a while...

11. xelterran macrumors 6502