OSX TIGER INSTALL ON OTHER MACS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TyleRomeo, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

I have Tiger running on my new powerbook but the tiger install disk won't work on my power mac. It says its for a powerbook. Are there different tiger install disks for various macs? Is there anyway to use my disk to install tiger on a different mac?

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Naughty Boy! Trying to install your single license to Tiger from the discs that came with your on your PM!
    Want to install Tiger on a second machine? Get a second license for Tiger!
    ;)

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....there have been lots of threads about this. You are *not* licensed to install from the disk that came with your Powerbook on other computers. Read the license agreement. Why do people always think that getting a disk with a computer automatically entitles them to install whever and whenever they please? If you want to install 10.4 on your other Mac - buy another copy....asking for help in violating agreements is against board rules...oh yeah!

4. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I purchased the Family pack to install on my Macs but I think If I pay for the Software i should be able to do as I please with it, as long as I dont let my friend use it to install on his computer. Dont get me wrong Im not saying violating the EULA is ok thats just my thought.

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

1. Yes there are
    2. You can be banned for asking too much and we won't tell you if we knew.

6. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

*Sings* "This is what search is for... This is what search is for..."

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes. Oddly enough, for asking too much about illegal use of software. Except when that illegal use of software is to run a nuclear power plant. In which case ask away. Because we're all about that. :D

Actually threads like this at least do fall into the googlesphere...sometimes arguments have been made that the built-in mechanism to prevent you from using install disks on models other than the originally intended is purely apocryphal. But apparently not. :) And now this disembodied head, mounted on a pole and waving gently in the breeze, entrails curling around the spear point, serves as a warning of all who try to go down this path. :D

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think we've gone far enough with this. Time to put it to bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.