OSX Tiger

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacSA, Sep 3, 2004.

1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Hi everyone,

Do you think you will still be able to buy an eMac by the time Tiger is eventually released? It's supposed to be released around mid summer next year isn't it?

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Tiger will of course run on an eMac

The eMac's main role is for Education so I don't see it going anytime soon

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

i believe so - unless they replace the emac with a new cube :D

4. Zaty macrumors 65816

I'm not sure the eMac will still be around by the time tiger is released. My bet is we won't see another eMac revision.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I am expecting a flat panel eMac under $1000 by the time Tiger comes out.
    There is a G5 Flat panel iMac today at $1,299. I can see a G5 eMac by next year with a flat panel. Perhaps crippled compared to an iMac.

A headless and tiny inexpensive eMac G4 would be better.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know if the eMac will be around next summer, either, but there will be another Mac with a similar price come next summer. It may not be labelled an eMac, but its just a label anyway. The reason I think this is because there's now a "Made for Education Market" G5 iMac at $1099, but it's for schools. If they're making iMacs targeted at education, you may see a very crippled version of a new iMac at $799 or so. Hopefully it'll come with one of those Freescale 1.5GHz G4's used in the Powerbook. It'll be a nice step up from the 1.25GHz G4. Along with the increase in frequency, the Freescale G4's are generally faster than the older G4's that could only scale to 1.42GHz. Well, at least that's what I remember from reading...