OSX versus Vista

Discussion in 'macOS' started by k2k koos, Jun 7, 2006.

1. k2k koos macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

2. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

3. k2k koos thread starter macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

OSX versus Vista

no joke, see the article, but it IS one man's opinion.

4. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Making a graph based on a single users subjective opinion has to be taking the piss, or the author is a tool.

5. -M7- macrumors member

Im working on my own graph where I rate OSX with 10 points, but the other bars with all the zeros dont show up... so I leave the picture to your imagination. :D

6. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

How you rate a release OS against a beta OS. That chart is just silly.

7. Timepass macrumors 65816

boy getting all fired about a graph a freaken graph. You all should read the 13 page artical that is very well writen. OSX is hardly really even talk about in it or really even having the OS compared with. Mostly he compares it with XP because Vista is XP replacement.

Some of the complaints I though where stupid but he didnt dwell on them. The biggest being bashing the lack of Gagets out there for the side bar (it more like well DUH. No one really going to be making gagets for an OS that not even out yet.) He did talk about the potention of gagets and all that jazz.

It was some complaints and comparing it XP. Show where there will be some issues people are not going to like. Praised other issues for M$ finally taken acction there.

This artical is not OSX compared to Vista. It is Vista compared with XP and from what I gather it looks about right where it falls. It not as userfriends as OSX but it better than XP. XP is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It is about a 6 or a 7 Vista seems to be an 8 and OSX seems to be a 9. I would not rate OSX as a 10 because it does have it own very stupid things in it that take away from it being user friendly (coping files resizing windows only from one corner minor things like that)

Before you bash the graph please read the artical. And see that is a very well writen artical and he does not talk about OSX much at all or even compared Vista really to it. It vista compared with XP and that it.

8. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Must be, I thought it was hilarious.

9. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Based on one user's opinion, huh...?

Here's mine:

Mac OS X : 95%
    Vista : 4%
    Windows ME : 1%

Sweet.