OSX White Theme? Not sure what Im thinking...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Dec 4, 2004.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I just got my first mac ever... a 14 inch iBook not too long ago. My "theme" I guess you could say is like the brushed gray look... for windows and what not

I thought (perhaps im wrong) but wasnt there like a White "theme" for OSX?

Anyone see where im getting at? Its sorta hard to explain i guess...

Thanks

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

You could try something like ShapeShifter, but I don't know if there is a theme available that would make the Finder or windows look white.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

iBunny – you may have seen a copy of Milk, a theme that would give you a white finder.

There might be another explanation, though. Your new iBook will have come with Panther and its brushed metal look – you might be thinking back to having seen screenshots of one of the earlier versions of OS X, which had a 'white' look about the finder...

4. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

Panther only has the brushed metal look? there is no option to switch it to the white style of the Previous version?

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Not without using a third-party theming app, like Shapeshifter.

Apple doesn't include themes in OS X, short of choosing between the graphite and aqua stylings. I can only suppose that as they're very into their GUI they don't want people messing around with it too much. You can click on the little sausage-shaped button in the upper right hand corner of your Finder windows, which will reduce the frame down to a pale grey title bar and make your windows look a lot whiter– but that's all OS X will allow you to do by default I'm afraid. :(

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

rather than start my own thread at this point, what do you guys think of ShapeShifter? is it safe? worth it?

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I've only used the trial version, but it was very stable, and very fun. It's improved quite a bit, and there's even an integrated theme browser built into the control panel, in which it displays preview of the newest 4-5 themes and lets you install whichever ones you want. I'd just check out the trial version and see if you like it. Can't hurt. :cool: :D

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I installed and ran Shapeshifter 2 without any problems at all. I uninstalled it after a while though (once again without any difficulties), and went back to default aqua – I'm quite happy with how it looks and didn't have a great enough desire to theme my mac long-term so I decided not to buy.

Is it worth it? I suppose the best answer to that question is to say download it, try it and see for yourself!

9. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I think iBunny was referring to Aqua. It had a quasi-white look. Yes, you can change back to that look, no need to get a third-party app.

10. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

For the original topic, try macthemes.net. They got some quality work there.

11. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Try this. Click the button in the first picture, which will make your finder look like the second picture. That sounds like what you're looking for. :confused:

Attached Files: