OT: So Angry!!!!! Want to vent! :-(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Santeh, May 28, 2006.

1. Santeh macrumors member

Hello all,

I know this is an OT, yet I am so angry that I wanted to vent a bit. Thus please forgive me...

Recently I decided to start wearing watches again as I have not done so in a long time (there is always a cell phone or PDA or clock around). When thinking of what kind of watch would be most useful to me I came upon the notion that one for work would be a calculator watch, especially if it had certain mathematical functions, and one would be a tough, all purpose piece. I ended up getting a vintage Pulsar calculator (circa 1979) watch for work and social events, and a Casio G-shock for general use.

Since the Pulsar is vintage the only place I know of to find a decent price one is on eBay. After getting a unit I found that, while it worked, some of the buttons were sunken in, making then a little hard to use. As such yesterday I took the watch to a jeweler to see if anything could be done.

Regretfully the jeweler ruined the fully functional vintage watch as he did not listen to me when I stated several times the watch worked but had some sunken buttons. He then told me that he would show me how to clean the watch as he said it would be good for me to know, but when he opened it the keypad simply fell apart. He blamed me for the mistake and proceeded to engage in an argument with me over responsibility (my comment that started all of this was something to the effect of "I should not have done that" or "I should not have let you do that"; I do not exactly recall as it was not meant to be accusatorial, just a comment). Yet I was so angry that I was actually shaking! And, even worse, I did not see what I could do in the matter. Sue him over a $80 old watch? That would not make sense.

I found this all to be very unreasonable in my opinion, and he would not even let me finish any sentience during this event, which only further got me angry. Now I have a nonfunctional old watch. This is too bad as I went out of my way to go to his shop based on the reviews seen here. I would NOT recommend the shop, nor will I return.

A suppose on a positive note, the jeweler was kind enough not to charge me with a watch-strap adjustment even though I tried twice to pay him for his time/work (regardless of the fact that I was angry at his ruining one of my watches).

Oh well. Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Santeh thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, one small error in my post as the reviews I saw that were favorable to the store were not from this site, but another. I am sorry about mixing the two areas up. :eek:

Always...

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Watch it! Okay, at least now the worst pun of the day is out of the way.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think we will see a lot more.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

who recommended the shop? and what shop was it?

i posted links to watch stores recently...

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well if he took the keypad apart, surely it could be put back together. He didn't physically break the keys or something, did he?