Other colors for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by princealfie, Jan 24, 2007.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Would it be possible to get other colors of the iPhone and not just black? :cool:

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

How could you possibly know that?

Anyway, I doubt it. The LCD screen will always be black... I imagine they choose black so that the entire thing could be the same color.

Guess you can always hope for an iPhone nano with a few colors.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

generally, take 1 year to produce multi color products,

u probably right about uniformed color for screen and shell, but as long as market wants it, apple will make it.

4. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

given the price bracket of this thing and how far ahead of other technology it is, i recon, like the first ipod, this device is aimed not at the masses but at people who are willing to pay over the odds to get the latest and greatest.

this is what apple calls "professional" though hardly the right word.

i think it will be in black/metal because all "pro" hardware is. later, when iphones with smaller form factors and reduced features arrive, they may come in different colours.

5. Jinkst macrumors regular

It's been available in white since the release of the 3G, and the 2G was silver cased too...

They'll keep things simple and colours standard. That way they won't affect the iPhone accessory market with all the cases around to allow people to personalize their iPhone and "change" it's colour.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

If Apple cared about the iPhone accessory market, they would change the design of the phone,ever.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

8. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

+1 thats funny.

9. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    good prediction.

But I think this thread is still appropriate. Do you think we will have more colors in June?

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think I should cash out my stocks and buy more AAPL while I can.

11. cowsrus macrumors 6502

there are companies online that replace all the plastic parts with other colors
    any color you want really though it is about $100-150 to send it in and get it done

apple supports it though, I was with my friend getting her phone replaced and she mentioned she wants a certain case because of color, and from overhearing that the guy replacing her phone pulled up a site, gave her all the info and how to send it in, and pricing. I have a feeling Apple gets a share of the profits or something

12. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

You did check the date of that post, didn't you?

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

14. lestersolis39 macrumors newbie

15. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

16. RichL macrumors 6502

We need Red, Green, Yellow and Blue iPhones pronto.

17. christinagroner macrumors newbie

It's cute if we have a lot colorful stuff. Like a colorful iPhone.:p
    :apple:

18. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    like the rainbow colored nanos? Yeah, I've thought about that but I just don't see it happening.

A) iphones are a slightly more serious tool for a slightly more serious group compared to the ipod. Multicolors would make it look even more like just a silly little toy unable to do real work

B) it would be extremely difficult to keep up with supply and demand. If you come out with like 8 colors, who knows what colors will be wanted. If I go in and want a black iphone and all they have is yellow and orange... well I won't be buying an iphone that day. It hurts sales. and think of all those smaller retails that won't have tons of iphones on hand. they can't have a lot of the colored ones because unless you want THAT color, you won't buy it. places will drift to only carrying to more generic colors.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Tell that to my co-worker with a pink case on her iPhone. Or my friend with the ruby red case.

I would say most likely no, but for a different reason. Because it doesn't fit Apple's past. Higher end devices never get colors, their lower end alternative products do.

20. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

It doesn't fit the trend for any high end electronics. The low-end ones that are developed for cheaper audiences will get colors because that's what attracts them the most. For the higher end devices, they want it to look sophisticated and powerful. Lime green or pink is not a sophisticated or powerful looking color. Cases are cheap. If you want a color besides white or black, buy one of those.

21. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

First of all, good job on the thread reanimation. Second of all, how confirmed is it that those pictures we all saw is indeed the new iphone? Some people act as though that is almost exactly what will hit the shelves. Lastly, if it came to color I vote for blue :cool:.

22. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

23. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Due to proximity to the assumed launch date, it's highly unlikely we'll see anything that differs much if at all.