Other World Computing - Any Good? (Buying Memory)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ~Shard~, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I was looking at buying a stick of 512MB RAM for my 1.25 GHz G4 17" iMac, to max it out at 1 GB, and ran across Other World Computing. Has anyone ever shopped through them, or heard of them? Their memory seems to be fairly priced, (here's the memory I am looking at), but I want to make sure I don't buy cheap goods. And yes, I know many people will simply recommend Crucial, etc. for RAM. ;)

Anyway, if anyone has any feedback on these guys, if they're a legitamate establishment, or specifically the memory that I'm looking at, it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

OWC is definitely legit. A lot of people buy from them, for memory and the other upgrades they sell. They seem like a good vendor to me.

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Yes, they are great. I have gotten memory and a hard drive from them in the past. Great service, too. Once I ordered overnight delivery from them and it came two days late (it was around christmas), so they gave me a $15 credit to their store.

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Great, thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it! I'll probably go ahead with my purchase then. :cool:

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I love OWC... i order everything i can from them. Great service and cheap shipping!