Otterbox Defender Case for First gen iPad $5

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by fastblack, Apr 30, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 28, 2008
  2. macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2008
  3. macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2008
    Also, the 25% coupon works if you follow the link on the slickdeals website. I missed that but I can't really be too upset about that given the price.
  4. macrumors member

Apr 16, 2011
    Otterbox sold out now. Other sleeves and cases still available, but the prices have gone up to $7 and $10.
  5. macrumors 68040

May 14, 2008
    Pretty solid deal. As stated, they're sold out, but there are some other viable options as well.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2010
    There was another thread on this already - it was deleted :confused:

Anyway, the hoarders bought them all for resale. I picked one up to as a backup for my ipad defender.
  7. macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2009
    that is a great deal was gonna grab one for my dad but they are sold out
  8. macrumors member

Mar 20, 2011
    Yeah what's up with that ?
  9. macrumors member

May 19, 2010
    order cancelled

Ordered one the day that it was offered and just today I got the cancelled email.
  10. macrumors member

Mar 8, 2008
    North Ridgeville, Ohio
    Same here. I didn't really want this case anyway. Anyone know where to get a good deal on the Zaggmate w/keyboard for the iPad 1?
  11. Dangka, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

macrumors member

Apr 16, 2011
    Got my Incipio Black Zippered Tek-Nical Sleeve Carrying Case today from the ATT Wireless sale. It fits my ipad 2 in its Switcheasy Canvas case perfectly! For $5, a steal!

The $5 Speck Black Pixel Pattern Sleeve that I ordered also fits my ipad 2 in its Switcheasy Canvas. Major score!
  12. macrumors newbie

Apr 2, 2011
    FYI for those that wanted the Otterbox for $5- went to the AT&T store today and they had them for $5!. Employees said they were just marked down to that in the stores for today. I picked up two as we have 3 first gen Ipads in my house.
  13. macrumors member

Feb 28, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also had this experience today. I was able to walk into the store and purchase a otterbox for 5.30. They had plenty of them left.
  14. macrumors 6502a

Sep 12, 2006
    Thats a crazy deal for someone with a ipad 1. I had the defender on my ipad1 before I sold the whole deal for my ipad2.

Its definitely heavy taking out the lightness of the ipad, but of course you couldnt break your ipad easier. I never even dropped my ipad once or even close, but I guess it was a little bit insurance bonus.

I guess if theyre for $5 since its about a 90-95% discount what I bought my case last year. I def won't bother for buying a defender for my ipad2 since it was way too heavy unless I felt like throwing it off my roof. :rolleyes::)