Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icaruslol

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011
just got mine using this 10% off and free Fedex shipping coupon from Techbargains: tb0411u

It came up to 80.95 all together. It looks like they normally give free screen protectors but when you add the coupon, the screen protector is taken out automatically. So it's either or. I didn't really want a screen protector so I applied the coupon!

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Always provide a link for people.
Nice find, but they charge tax and shipping making it $5.00 shy of the gleemobile.com price, I am sticking with them as this cellularaccessory is still taking pre-orders for this and I know Glee has them. I'll eat the 5 this time!

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/apl2-ipad2-20-e4otr.html

It's $54.95 shipped to 40 out of 50 states.

You must live in one of the 10 states that cellular accessory charges tax to.

40 States are SALES TAX FREE! 10 states require orders shipped into their states be charged Tax at the following rates;
8.75% Sales tax in California;
7% in Indiana;
6% in Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, and Pennsylvania;
6.25% in Illinois;
5.5% Ohio;
4% in New York;

$0 tax to my state and $0 shipping with coupon TAKE5. The link was already provided in this thread.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/12383970/

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
It's $54.95 shipped to 40 out of 50 states.

You must live in one of the 10 states that cellular accessory charges tax to.

40 States are SALES TAX FREE! 10 states require orders shipped into their states be charged Tax at the following rates;
8.75% Sales tax in California;
7% in Indiana;
6% in Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, and Pennsylvania;
6.25% in Illinois;
5.5% Ohio;
4% in New York;

$0 tax to my state and $0 shipping with coupon TAKE5. The link was already provided in this thread.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/12383970/

Whenever, you make a statement about a possible better price, don't you think it makes sense to just slip the link in there, maybe its just me. Its not all that difficult to do and ts a courteous thing to do for other members.?

And also, while it might be a slightly better price, you again did not mention the shipping savings, thanks for that, but they still don't actually have it so while I'm in NY and would have had to pay the tax I actually am going to have mine Monday from Glee, while you'll be waiting for yours for what could be weeks according to cellular.

Be patient though it will get there sooner or later!
cheers brother.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Whenever, you make a statement about a possible better price, don't you think it makes sense to just slip the link in there, maybe its just me. Its not all that difficult to do and ts a courteous thing to do for other members.?

And also, while it might be a slightly better price, you again did not mention the shipping savings, thanks for that, but they still don't actually have it so while I'm in NY and would have had to pay the tax I actually am going to have mine Monday from Glee, while you'll be waiting for yours for what could be weeks according to cellular.

Be patient though it will get there sooner or later!
cheers brother.

It was already mentioned in the thread. I'm not going to spam the thread with information that's already clearly been posted. Just read.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I cancelled my order with cellularaccessories.com because they gave me the runaround when I called them today, they also told me they still don't have a ship date.
I bought it directly from otterbox for 80 bucks with the coupon, I figured what's 25 bucks when I can get it next week.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Obviously Otterbox is going to release a limited amount to their distributers initially. that way they make a healthy mark up while demand is high, retailing 101 right?

I spoke to both gleemobile and cellular accessories.

Gleemobile was certain they would be filling their second group of pre-orders late next week. They have a firm commitment from Ottorbox and a solid relationship having sold hundreds of the first ipad case.

When I spoke to cellular, they didn't have a clue, June was mentioned so all of those lucky folks will be waiting a while. I know these guys are really big too but they are deep discounters and Otter could very well hold back from them heavy discounters in order to allow others to make their margins for a while. We'll see in the next few weeks though that's for sure.

If money is no object hell, burn it with Otter, I buy a lot of accessories so I'm not about to pay full retail less 10 for anything these days. I'll be patient till a good deal presents itself and they always do, I don't like paying retail for anything really! The quest for me is always in finding the deal!

More fun that way!

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Jesus, i've never seen such an over-designed monstrosity in my life. Definitely makes an industrial statement.

about as practical as a pair of Doc Martins.
Mens-Dr-Martens-Boot-8936B7661.jpg

iphone4customer

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2010
what's the deal with the screen protector

So Otterbox is including a free screen protector but based on looking at the installation video, why would you need one? Doesn't case come with a built-in protector like the iphone 4 defender case?

Can anybody explain this please?

I'm waiting on my order to be fulfilled by gleemobile, hoping that will be done this week...if anybody gets their case can they please snap some of their own photos and give us their impressions?

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
So Otterbox is including a free screen protector but based on looking at the installation video, why would you need one? Doesn't case come with a built-in protector like the iphone 4 defender case?

Can anybody explain this please?

I'm waiting on my order to be fulfilled by gleemobile, hoping that will be done this week...if anybody gets their case can they please snap some of their own photos and give us their impressions?

Like the defender for the first ipad, the screen protector is not built into the case. You adhere it if you want, then install the case.

It's not like the iphone case where the screen protector is built in.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
I bought mine last night at Walmart. It doesn't come with a screen protector of any sort, self-applied or built into the case. However, unlike the iPad 1 Defender series case, it is compatible with ZAGG Invisibleshield. It does add significant heft to the device, but I would still recommend it.

Pictures? :D I still haven't seen a non-stock image of this case.

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
How much was it @ walmart.
I went there today and they only had the commuter series for the 1st ipad.

Db9938

macrumors member
May 17, 2011
My two cents

I received mine today, straight from Otterbox.

Looked it at first, and thought that it was nearly as ruggedly built, as their other products. I did notice that they have done a lot to trim weight, as compared to their IPad 1 defender case. This is evident in the thickness of the hard shell parts and rubber case.

The biggest complaint, and yes I have let Otterbox know, that the audio port cover, puckers and does not seat properly. I tried for about a half hour to get it to seat properly,but it appears that the cover itself is too large.

Other complaints that I have:

1. Lack of speaker cover. If I go to this extent to protect my iPad, then I would like complete coverage. If I want to listen to something, then I can undo the cover and listen. The same way that I can undo the audio port cover to plug in ear buds.

2. The soft cover is ill designed in the way that it attaches to the top half of the hard shell.

3. The self-adhesive screen cover. What can else can I say, they are at best a mediocre solution, with mixed results.

On the positive side of things, the hard shell cover piece, is seriously well thought out.

Here is a picture of the pucker:

Last edited:

Dschro5

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2011
Removed

Attachments

• Photo May 17, 10 58 44 PM.jpg
    Photo May 17, 10 58 44 PM.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Photo May 17, 11 15 00 PM.jpg
    Photo May 17, 11 15 00 PM.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Photo May 17, 11 15 29 PM.jpg
    Photo May 17, 11 15 29 PM.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo May 17, 11 16 30 PM.jpg
    Photo May 17, 11 16 30 PM.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.