Otterbox + Mophie Juice Pack

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pavelbure, Sep 6, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

I have the otterbox defender for iphone 4 and was considering getting a mophie juice pack.
    http://www.mophie.com/product-p/1135_jpu-reserve.htm

Anyone out there have both of these to see if they work together ? I'd hate to buy it only to find out it does not fit.

2. macrumors regular

I've got the defender also. I have an external battery pack that doesn't work with it because of the gap that the otterbox creates on the bottom. I would assume it probably won't work, unless someone can confirm otherwise.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I didn't think it would work. I hate when these companies make these big stubby things right after the connector, they end up not fitting anything.

4. macrumors 6502

I have this APC External Battery Backup I got from Fry's For $20. It has a USB Port, so you just connect the device of your choice.

5. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

fwiw, I have the otterbox defender and the griffin powerDuo reserve, which I LOVE.
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerduo-reserve

Fits perfectly with the otterbox.

(for those interested, it's a car and home charger with USB port, and each has a slot for the little back up battery to charge. Ie, charge the iphone and the battery at the same time.

6. macrumors 6502a

Yeah I really hate when companies make a product fit with the original product :rolleyes:

You bought the defender, you knew the deal you were getting into
    even normal cases have issues with other 3rd party accessories

100% of all the accessories/cables I own work with my naked Iphone.

7. macrumors newbie

Mophie Juice Pack

I'm a representative of mophie. I've used the juice pack reserve in iPhone slim-fitting cases, but if it were more than a few mm thick, you would have to remove the case in order to use the juice pack.

Another option, is the mophie juice pack air or juice pack plus, each of which are a protective iphone case with built in battery. To avoid getting in trouble with the moderaters here I'm not going to post a link, but you'll find them both at our site mophie.com or by looking on google.

Hope this info helps.

Nick