Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Got a defender today and am not having any of the problems the op had. Sure they are bulky but new that. Tested my phone in it first.

screen protector is great, compared to lifeproof its brilliant.
home button feels good.
charging port fits the belkin car charger and the apple 30 pin connector.
volume and on and off buttons are good.
not slippery to hold like commuter, has some grip.
fits in my bodit adjustable car holder.

Only negative i see is you have to open the charge port to charge but what else could they do.

Which brodit exactly? I have a brodit and was wondering if it would work with the defender.

iphoneguy12345

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2014
I've gone through the defender and commuter cases, and I have to say, the quality of their products is embarrassing.

Do they protect your phone from drops? Yes, I'm sure they do. In every other area, however, otterbox just plain sucks. The defender screen protector adds noticeable lag to all touch screen functions. The home button feels mushy. Texting is a female dog due to the ridiculously high, raised lip.

The rubber lining on the commuter is very floppy and doesn't stay in place, even with the plastic outer shell holding it in place. The power button on top is very hard to use with the rubber lining.

This company has been at this for years. I'm sure they sell hundreds of thousands of cases. I also have the iPhone 5s otterbox commuter but i find it horrible sinse it ruined my iPhone. The stupid circle hole that lets you see the apple logo made a big round hole on my apple device when i dropped it!!!:mad:

Yet the cases still feel like cheap

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I've had several Defenders and am currently using an Armor. My wife also has a Defender. Other than the "oil slicks" on the Defender (which probably can't be helped) we've never had a problem with any of them. I've never had to use their customer service but from everything I've read they're great. I am absolutely positive they've saved our phones from being broken several times over. I'm a big fan.

stfwayne

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
This thread is hilarious.

Defenders and Commuters can be had for super cheap on Amazon and all these cases come with Lifetime warranty which not many brands offer

Even if the case falls apart Otterbox wont even ask for you to send it back, at most they may have you take a picture of the defect and you get a brand new case.

Just ordered a symmetry in Denim, should be coming in on Saturday

Yes there are thinner cases out there but if you need the protection nothing does it better for cheaper.

But yeh haters will hate

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
Every time I see a poor iPhone in a otterbox I feel like knocking out the owner and freeing it from its plastic ugliness. Unless the owner is wearing a military bomb suit, then I understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.