OU Hates Macs

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iJon, Apr 30, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well I can't take credit for this one, i saw as guy on SpyMac post it, but I didn't see anyone on this site post it. This is ranting on about Macs and it's really funny. It's like what guy said on spymac, "This would make me embarrased to be an Editor." Well his email is on there so I'm gonna bombard this guy with email talking about his pc's, just to see what he says back.

http://www.oudaily.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/04/29/3eade619e30fc?in_archive=1

iJon

2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

OH, leave him alone. He goes to Oklahoma - his life already sucks enough.

3. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

The Daily is a rag, they offered me an open political editorial but I won't write for them.

It's funny that you found this though.

4. djtet macrumors regular

posts...after the article

Look at all the posts after the article...

everyone is basically telling this guy that,
    1) He is extremely unprofessional
    2) He has no idea what he's talking about!

Just a one-sided opinionated article with no reasoning, research or professionalism...However, it was fun to laugh at!

5. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

What a maroon....funny, how he gives NO compeling arguement as to WHY Macs would be useless...

6. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

:D

Somebody's been drinking the company Kool-Aid!

7. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

the smily mac is gone you moron!
    and it's not demonic at all!

that had to be the funniest article hat wasn't supposed to be a funny article i have ever read!

8. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i just emailed him... he's a fool... that article was stupid...

9. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Gents

I read that yesterday, and I have to admit, even though I'm used to a little heat from the WinTel crowd (aren't we all), but I can honestly say I sat in my chair with mouth open (I think I caught a fly or five) fora good minute after that.

I just-couldn't-believe the bias and ignorance.

I still can't.

I honestly think this guys chased too many tornados. Oo. Or maybe he's from OZ and has been away for too long.

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

if you email him, he'll only think he's that much more right.

pnw

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

wow. there is another human being with no future... i predict he'll be a miserable failure as a journalist. maybe he'll get a job as, i don't know, a clerk at a newspaper, and someday someone will come in and randomly crack his jaw by hitting him upside the head with a 12 pound dell paperweight... jeez, you'd think he was Hitler ranting about communists (i'm told that's the best way to end conversations like this).

i'm going to OU this fall... on a free ride... I'm taking my mac, and they will deal with it or eat it, methinks.

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

On another note

Go back and read those responses if you didn't. that's some of the most hilarious stuff i have ever read; even better than the article itself.

one guy wrote back about all the hate mail and told people "DNFTT." i had no idea what that meant until about 10 minutes ago. that's absolutely hilarious.

13. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

Re: On another note

im feeling slow today, what does that mean/stand for?

14. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: On another note

sorry, i forgot to say.

"do not feed the trolls"

or so google said.

15. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

Re: Re: Re: On another note

lol. that's gonna sem funny tomorrow at lunch:p

16. vniow macrumors G4

Mmmm...Kool-aid...

Anyhoo, that guy's a moron, even though I may not go there, I'd like to take my iBook into the campus and connect to a wireless network there or something (as soon as I get an Airport card at least...) show him up..

Ok, I don't have much to say here, ignore me, bah.

17. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

He's just probaly a stupid person that went to college( like forest gump), probaly doesnt have any friends. If i could just see him, ill bitch slap him:D

18. guitargeek macrumors regular

They probably still have OS9

I hated macs just as much when I had to use that. I seriously couldn't go 20 minutes without a full system crash.

19. King Cobra macrumors 603

>He's just probaly a stupid person that went to college( like forest gump), probaly doesnt have any friends. If i could just see him, ill bitch slap him:D (applemacdude)

Now that was not cool.

As for the story, this comment was one of the [worst]:
    >Well, people, this writer is still free, and while I don't think Bill Gates is all that great either, at least he makes stuff that WORKS and doesn't make me want to throw the computer out the window.

That was the only comment that put even a smirk on my face. Bill Gates makes things that force people to do just the opposite of what this guy said.

20. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

no one could be that bad. i mean, school computers are school computers. anyone who illusions themselves that anyone is happily getting along efficiently with old, overloaded public computers needs a CAT scan and a bitchslap upside the head. school computers suck increasingly over time. you could plot their increase in suckyness over time and see that it's dramatically higher than home computers, except the ones run by idiots like that guy that wrote the article.

wow, i feel extremely hostile today. i've discovered counterstrike (now the one good use for a PC) and become addicted.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ignore. The guy's probably just trying to get hits on his web page. That's what tech writers do for "ratings". Then he laughs at the outrage, says "see I'm right", and goes back to typing away on his PowerBook.

As I write this, my crappy Win2000 PC gives an error message.

22. guitargeek macrumors regular

They were school computers, but there were only about 12 people in the school that could use them (they were there for video editing). Brand new G3's, all new editing equipment, and 20 minutes into, I lose 20 minutes worth of work. I learned from that to save every 10 seconds.

It got to be so bad that we stopped using the macs to edit and instead used to old splicing machines [​IMG]

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

>i mean, school computers are school computers (Shadowfax)

That reminds me...A few days ago a couple of companions of mine were using the PCs at the library of my H.S. when the power went out. When one of my companions tried logging in, there was no response for at least 10 minutes. The time period ended when she held down the power button for 5 seconds.

During that time she used a few slangs, threats against the machine, and some outloud profanity.

Keep in mind that this was in the library. :)

24. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

i just have one question to ask, was it novell?

iJon

25. King Cobra macrumors 603