Ouch. That hurts!

Discussion in 'Community' started by crenz, Sep 1, 2003.

1. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

While searching for notebook theft insurance, I found this:

Top Ten Most Bizarre Laptop Demises

Ouch :eek:. You might not want to look at this if you are a (i|Power)Book owner.

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I don't know about germany, but I added a rider on my home owners insurence in the US for $20 a year that covers up to $3000 for my laptop. (Even if it isn't at my house when it is lost/damaged/stolen.)

And yeah, I would hate for that to happen to my TiBook. :)

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Some of those aren't very strange-Water on the keyboard. I know a bunch of people who have spilled water on their comps, laptop users and desktop users alike. I have one friend who has a sticky spot on his RAM from when he spilled coke on his TiBook. It was OK though.

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Most of them weren't that strange or 'out there'.

But they are all equally sad ;) :( ;).

scem0

5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I still think the ones from drive savers are better those laptops were majorly messed up!
    Also I think one lady left her PB in the oven for a few hours, I know somone posted about this awhile back.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That quick video was damn funny - the Nun stealing the other laptop was totally out there...:D

D

7. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I know a guy whose laptop was damaged by a bat. Not a baseball bat, but the squeaky, furry kind that flies around. He was trying to catch it, and it flew into his laptop, knocking it off of a table. :rolleyes:

8. frescies macrumors regular

I just dropped mine

Over the weekend I dropped my ibook. I was playing a dvd and was laying in bed. I had arranged it so the rear was sitting on a side table, and the front was hanging off the side of the bed. there was a gap between the two which must have grown. I moved a bit and the ibook slipped and fell about 3 feet.

It was totally fine. DVD kept playing without a skip.