Our team status

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by wrldwzrd89, Sep 2, 2004.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

We're going to pass XtremeResources pretty soon (in 4 days, last I checked) (and get into 19th place), but that won't last long, since p2p-community will pass us soon (in 21 days, last I checked), and we'll be back to 20th.

2. ShadowHunter macrumors regular

What will it take for us to stay ahead of p2p? I am adding a couple more Xeons soon. My production has been down, I lost a Xeon for a couple days. This weekend my production may flatline, as almost all the computers will shut down.

3. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

According to this page, p2p-community is producing ~1.7x more points per day than we are (MacRumors: 37,197; p2p-community: 63,209). It's going to take a considerable effort to prevent p2p-community from passing us.

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I am already folding with everything I got, wish I could add a couple of more computers from work, but our firewall prevents from sending results and fetching new workunits. Does anyone know which addresses are used to send and fetch data to and from Stanford? If I know this, I could talk to our IT department and ask if they wan't to open these ip addresses/www addresses.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

This is the list of servers: http://vspx27.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

There should be one more, which is contacted first to assign the client to a server for the download.

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Hmmm, that's a long list of servers... wasnt there a general www address or something? BTW Thanks Bousozoku