Out of sync audio in iDVD. Help!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tommyhonda92, Mar 1, 2007.

1. tommyhonda92 macrumors newbie

I have put together a demo dvd for a band that I edited in iMovie and includes a separate audio track that I syncronized with the video. However, when I go to share it with iDVD, and then go to preview it in iDVD, the audio goes out of sync with the video after the fourth chapter marker. The audio seems to be lagging. I thought this was only a preview problem and burnt a copy to DVD, but discouvered that the DVD is burnt the same way as the preview and the audio goes out of sync with the video in the exact same place. What could be the problem? The video footage in iMovie was filmed with a Sony digital still camera in the video capture setting creating a MPEG4 video format. The audio was recorded from a mixer board that was running to an iMac using the program Audacity to capture the sound witch was then imported into iMovie. Everything was in perfect sync, and played just fine while previewing it in full screen mode in iMovie. But after sending it to iDVD was when the problem occured. The computer to do the final iDVD authoring was the one listed in my signature. Help me out please.

2. seniorstinky macrumors regular

I've experienced problems viewing some MPEG4 video that was taken on one of my still cameras a couple of months ago. My recommendation is convert it to a different video format and then putting it into iMovie.

3. tommyhonda92 thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I go about converting the MPEG4 into another format that iMovie uses? What format is best for iMovie to work with? I've had no problems working with footage from my MiniDV camera. Can I convert the MPEG4 into a DV format? What if I don't have the original footage?......only the footage that has been edited in iMovie already? Can I convert my iMovie project so that the video footage is not in MPEG4 format anymore? How would I go about doing this then? Please help. If these questions seem stupid, then please educate me. Thanks.

I was given this footage to burn to iDVD on a firewire hard drive as the original person who recorded and edited this footage on their macbood could not burn it to DVD with iDVD as they ran into a hardware problem with the final step in actually burning the DVD itself. On the hardrive was also the iMovie project that they used to import to iDVD. But no original footage. But now that I've burnt it to DVD with iDVD we noticed that the audio went out of sync, so we went back to edit the original iMovie project to get it back inline as the audio was out of sync too in iMovie, but not at the same places where iDVD made it out of sync. We fixed it in iMove to make it perfect and then again tried it in iDVD but still the exact same out of sync problem we had the first time I burnt it. I just went back now to check if the iMovie project was all in sync, and it is. Could it really be that iDVD has a hard time with MPEG4 video, and not some other problem?

4. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I realize this thread is a year old, but I have the same exact problems.

I imported a huge vacation video over to iMovie. After adding lots
    of music I imported it to iDVD.

iDVD told me the project was too big. No problem. I put the settings
    to and used a DL DVD (8.5 GB).

Burned fine. Audio goes out of sync 3/4 of the way through.

Any idea what is going on here?!