Out with the old, In with the new

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rye9, May 11, 2006.

?

When purchasing a new iPod, do you get rid of your previous one?

1. Yes, I get rid of it.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, I keep it but do not use it.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, I keep it and use it as a secondary iPod.

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I am very likely to buy a new iPod within a month. I currently have a 2G iPod mini... which I have like a relationship with, yea im a loser. :D Anyways, I wanna get a new iPod bc my mini's battery is between 2-3 hours, it has trouble adjusting volume, and is just dying in general :( ...but it looks great on the outside (that's probably why I like it so much. lol) and I feel bad bc I spent $200 just to last about a year and a couple months. I was wondering whether to keep my mini or not, so that's obviously what the poll if for. :)

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I usually sell mine. Although I did keep my nano when I got a 5G. I found I dont use it, I should really sell it. No use in just having it sit around.

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Yeah I agree, but that's my problem.. I can't get rid of things easily... heck, I still have my N64, even though I have a gamecube, and am getting the Wii. I need help. :rolleyes:

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

Replace the battery :)
    I have a 1g mini still going strong, battery life is about 6 hours now.

although, the nanos are pretty decent and start at $150...

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

6. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I kept my Nano when I bought my 5G as well and...

...I still use the Nano the most. The 5G is just used for videos in my case.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

8. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I use old ones as back up drives normally. Also if I need to transfer a large amount of data.

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

The posts don't seem to line up with the poll. But, maybe they just squeezed in to the nearest category. I have my 3G that acts as a back up. On occasion, it also serves as a focus tool. Since there is no video to watch, if I need to get some reading done on the way to/from work, I'll take it instead of the 5G which tempts me with Serenity and the Incredibles...

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I usually keep mine for a couple months because I never want to bring the new one with me to school. I usually try and sell it though before it depreciates in value too much.

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hmmm... my 27 month old mini is still going strong... and I'm probably going to use it until something breaks and unless there opens up a marked for broken iPods in Norway (or within reasonable shipping distance) then I guess I'll just trash it and get a new one, when the time comes... hopefully not for a long time, still, since I don't like any of the current iPods half as good as the minis... :eek:

13. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

i keep them all! in fact, i buy my friends old ipods...:eek: i just love the things. At the moment i have my 4G 20gig colour (the workhorse), and then two 20gig 3G's, a shuffle 512, and will soon be getting a mini!

14. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

I still have my Nes, Mega-Drive I and II, Playstation, Playstation2 and Gamecube. Some things you should never sell!

Don't sell!

Rich.

15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I kinda regret not buying a mini. I mean, they weren't anything special technically speaking, but they really look very cool.

16. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say things like that, i did it on this very forum about my 3G 15GB and not three weeks later the hard drive died, i hope you were literally draped in wood:eek:

17. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I'm still on my first iPod (2 years now) and it's going fine. I'm sure it will never die. Oh damn!

18. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

My iPod is now for listening to music @ home through my stereo & the Nano is for the gym & running. Yeah, sure running, and the gym. un-huh. Yep. Sure is.

19. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

The iPod Minis are indeed very cool looking. In a way I miss mine- I gave it to my little sister after I got my 60GB iPod 5G for free. :)

20. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Uh oh, mine's an Aussie one too! :eek: